Places to Play
1) Will Jordan‘s The Legendary Kimbro’s Pickin’ Parlor in Franklin, Tennessee has their Kimbro’s Deconstructed Free Form Songwriter Night. Sign up starts at 6:00. Show starts at 7:00 or so. (3 songs or 15 minutes total). He may also have some 6:00 opening slots available for a show.
2) Also in Franklin, Rob Robinson has an open mic on Thursdays at Puckett’s Grocery of Leiper’s Fork. Get there early for sign ups.
3) MidTown MeltDown At The Row Nashville– The Row Nashville one hour sets that begin at 6:00 pm. Mix of covers and originals. Mike Peck is the contact.
4) Hotel Preston, Tuesday night songwriter rounds, email Matthew Snare a live acoustic video of an original song to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Cafe Coco, Tuesday and Thursday’s. Sign up 7-7:30. Music starts at 8:00.
6) Old School-Cool Springs, Tuesday nights starting on 2/6. Sign ups at 8:00, Music starts at 9:00. Artist performs 2 songs.
7) Radio Cafe now hosts a regular songwriter’s night every Monday! Sign-ups start at 6:30, first come first served. Music starts at 7:00. Soloists and duos welcome, no bands please.
8) Skully’s Saloon– Thursday’s from 7:00-11:00. I don’t know how to sign up but the definitely book in advance. Check with Billy Lee
9) Millennium Maxwell House Nashville – Wednesday and Thursday nights at 7:00 Lee Rascone Sr.. hosts a songwriter. Book your spot in advance, I don’t have that information.
10) Mockingbird Theater-Franklin, TN-new open mic, new venue. Not sure it’s weekly. Sunday nights
11) Ozzy Nelson‘s Mayday Brewery in Murfreesboro, Tennessee has open mic nights on the first and 3rd Thursdays of each month from 7:00-9:00. Great beer, great place, great guy.
12) CLOSED (awaiting new location) Bobby’s Idle Hour noon to 8:00 pm on Wednesdays. “Sam’s Jams at Bobby’s Idle Hour”. No cover songs allowed. Contact Sam Cooper at email@example.com to sign up for a slot. Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
13) Belcourt Taps– Rose@Belcourttaps
14) Douglas Corner Cafe-Tuesday open mic with Donnie Winters. Call 615-292-2530 between 1:00-6:00 pm to sign up. Show up at 8:00 to find your slot.
15) Two Old Hippies-Call 615-254-7999 for a slot. Sunday is 17 and under, open mic, 30 minute slots. 1:00-4:00 pm. Call ahead because they don’t do it every Sunday. Shows through the week.
16) Whiskey Room Live – Franklin – Franklin- 4 original songs in a round of 3 songwriters.
17) Nashville Rising Song, Keith Mohr runs the contest. http://www.nashvillerisingsong.com/
18) The Listening Room Cafe-5-6 original songs for the round. 2 hours of original material for a show. Contact the booking agent by email. Need to have some cred. Not a beginner gig.
19) The Commodore Lounge At The Holiday Inn Nash – Debi Champion hosts Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday with signups at 6:30. Rick Stewart handles Friday & Saturday and those shows are booked in advance. Tues is jazz open mic. I think this is all correct.
20) (CLOSED?) The Family Wash/Garage Coffee– Wednesday nights-They have 20 people per night and each one gets two songs. Sign up starts at 6:00.
21) Merridee’s Breadbasket– Contact Jeremy Dean and Layne Rogers to play in the Songwriter Series
22) The Bluebird Cafe. I have no info.
23) Fontanel, Hotel Indigo Nashville(firstname.lastname@example.org, Ri’chard’s Cafe, The Edge at 760 at 4 Points Sheraton on Old Hickory Boulevard, Soulshine Pizza Factory – Franklin . At one point, all of these had a night but I don’t have any specific info.
24) Sopapillas -A New Mexican Kitchen- Jessie Smith Minnigan hosts a writer’s round every-other-Tuesday at Sopapillas in Franklin. All genres welcome. Typical round style, 3 at a time, 4-5 songs a person, 6-8:30pm. I don’t know how you sign up.
Places to Play